This breakout board is a color sensor based on TAOS TCS230 programmable color light to frequency converter which combines configurable silicon photodiodes and a current –to-frequency convertor on single monolithic CMOS integrated cicuit.
The light-to-frequency converter reads 8X8 array of photodiodes, each array could filter red, green, blue light or clear from light source via two control pins(S2,S3) and output a square wave(50% duty cycle) with frequency directly proportional to light intensity(irradiance). The full-scale output frequency can be scaled via two control input pin(S0,S1). Digital inputs and digital output allows direct interface to a microcontroller or other digital logic circuitry.
- High-Resolution Conversion of Light Intensity to Frequency
- Programmable Color and Full-Scale Output Frequency
- Communicates Directly With a Microcontroller
- Single-Supply Operation (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- Power Down Feature
- Nonlinearity Error Typically 0.2% at 50 kHz
- Stable 200 ppm/°C Temperature Coefficient